code black.

fse10

I know zero about any patternmaster choke tube, so i can not say how it will perform, add to this i dont know what a code black is either.

So i dont supose im the best man for dishing out advice to you on it, but i will try and fill in the gaps if i can and tell you what i have found out good or bad overe the years on chokes i am guessing are like your Proposed pattermaster purchase, so you can decide if you think you still want one or not.

Pattermaster spur type restrictor choke tubes some of them ported and i think various degrees of restriction.

First ports ! Not a huge fan of ports myself with any shot type, but some can work to advantage and acctualy in use act rather like a restrictor choke tube, but shreading the wad up on passing through, Kicks high flyers in mediem constriction are clear evidence of this if you needed any, they can work great.

Now the spur choke retarders they check the wad and in effect tighten the pattern without a super tight constriction and its associated potential problems, this is a good thing and some retaring style chokes acctualy do quite well, the wad wizards are quite good at throwing decent patterns in some cases, if you want to shoot steel much over about 1500fps, a mate runs a ww in his Gold 10 its pretty good to be honest.

So im guessing the Patternmaster code black could be similar to the WW in performance, probably has the potential to do quite well, and in your Benelli a retarder style tube is not such a bad thing. Benelli and Beretta have a history of being a bit loose on the choke thread specs and if heavy restriction chokes like terrors are used, they have caused problems in the past in the states, SRM wilsons dont list Benelli berettas anymore for terror chokes they droped them from the line a couple of years ago now.

So a low to zero restriction choke tube like a PM code black could be a good move.

Not sure if the code blacks are ported or not but as i pointed out ports are not my personal favoutate things, but they do work, if i use ported tubes its the heringbone style like Briley turkey chokes have or straight porteds like Indian creeks or even the comp N chokes these tubes work great INdian creeks are awesome on patterns i have just got some for my .425 waterfowl, I used a Comp N choke in the top barrel of this for a couple of years it was ok but Not as good as the IC tubes in that gun.

So yes the Code black could be a good choke for you in your nova, but at that money .... Me personaly i would invest my money in contacting just choking and buy a Muller UFO waterfowl tube they throw some very good patterns are an ideal steel choke for all round waterfowling they out perform the much cheaper Briley IM constriction tubbes in everything i have so far seen compared, and apart from Terror chokes which are tough to get, Mullers are right up there with the best.

GThats what i would buy Muller UFO. not long now 4 weeks so jump to it whatever you decide to do.

I know zero about any patternmaster choke tube, so i can not say how it will perform, add to this i dont know what a code black is either.

So i dont supose im the best man for dishing out advice to you on it, but i will try and fill in the gaps if i can and tell you what i have found out good or bad overe the years on chokes i am guessing are like your Proposed pattermaster purchase, so you can decide if you think you still want one or not.

Pattermaster spur type restrictor choke tubes some of them ported and i think various degrees of restriction.

First ports ! Not a huge fan of ports myself with any shot type, but some can work to advantage and acctualy in use act rather like a restrictor choke tube, but shreading the wad up on passing through, Kicks high flyers in mediem constriction are clear evidence of this if you needed any, they can work great.

Now the spur choke retarders they check the wad and in effect tighten the pattern without a super tight constriction and its associated potential problems, this is a good thing and some retaring style chokes acctualy do quite well, the wad wizards are quite good at throwing decent patterns in some cases, if you want to shoot steel much over about 1500fps, a mate runs a ww in his Gold 10 its pretty good to be honest.

So im guessing the Patternmaster code black could be similar to the WW in performance, probably has the potential to do quite well, and in your Benelli a retarder style tube is not such a bad thing. Benelli and Beretta have a history of being a bit loose on the choke thread specs and if heavy restriction chokes like terrors are used, they have caused problems in the past in the states, SRM wilsons dont list Benelli berettas anymore for terror chokes they droped them from the line a couple of years ago now.

So a low to zero restriction choke tube like a PM code black could be a good move.

Not sure if the code blacks are ported or not but as i pointed out ports are not my personal favoutate things, but they do work, if i use ported tubes its the heringbone style like Briley turkey chokes have or straight porteds like Indian creeks or even the comp N chokes these tubes work great INdian creeks are awesome on patterns i have just got some for my .425 waterfowl, I used a Comp N choke in the top barrel of this for a couple of years it was ok but Not as good as the IC tubes in that gun.

So yes the Code black could be a good choke for you in your nova, but at that money .... Me personaly i would invest my money in contacting just choking and buy a Muller UFO waterfowl tube they throw some very good patterns are an ideal steel choke for all round waterfowling they out perform the much cheaper Briley IM constriction tubbes in everything i have so far seen compared, and apart from Terror chokes which are tough to get, Mullers are right up there with the best.

GThats what i would buy Muller UFO. not long now 4 weeks so jump to it whatever you decide to do.

Thanks for the input, some food for thought.will check out the Muller UFO waterfowl also.

Another cheaper option but never quite as good as terrors or Mullers, is the humble Briley IM, these work quite well in most guns, in some guns they are very good, i have a .745 Briley Im i tried in my Browni ng gold 10 it was not a terror choke in performance but threw some awesome patterns, and you can get them from Chris potter quite eassily, not the cheapest sourse in the world for Briley tubes but with Potters they are quite eassy to get . Still go for the Muller myself the UFO, but im not you and just trying to give you a few more eassily gettable solutions to your dillema thats all.