What Is My Max Range

ShaggyRS6

Another question that popped into my head whilst thinking about shooting wabbits.

What's my max kill range for a bunny with an RWS 500? .22 Cal

Cheers as always

whatever you can hold a grouping under the size of a 2p at.

By that 10,20,30 yds.

With rabbits and being new I would say limit yourself to 25yds, less worry about holdover/under with the .22 and better kill ratio, as you said in your pic post you had missed a couple. Once you get some confidence maybe expand to 30yds then if groupings are still good out to 35yds but not beyond that. A lot of people have two ranges, their quarry range and target range. I will happily wack at tennis balls, between fence posts out too 35yds with the lightning, but on quarry around the 20-25 mark as my groupings get a bit hit and miss afterwards.

Hope that helps,

Dan

As Dan said, your accuracy will be the limit to the range you shoot at. Inside a 2p group is good, and I can hold that out to 40m in good conditions. For targets I'd try 60m, but they don't get hurt if you get it wrong.Stalking is the hard part of shooting, and learning to hold shots you're not sure of. I find shooting a 20 yard rabbit more fun than a long one, as it takes more skill to get that close :good:

I find shooting a 20 yard rabbit more fun than a long one, as it takes more skill to get that close :good:

A very good outlook sir :lol:

Don't forget to factor in weather conditions for shots. A windy day will see your max range cut down a fair bit.