Crop Identification

jon0881

Hi,

Hopefully i will have a visit to a farm on the weekend to discuss boundries etc. Although i have shot pigeon before i have to admit im fairly poor at identifing crop and matching it to a time of year. I have read the help on the PW webpage for the suggested crops matched to a month, but apart from rape and obvious veggies im pretty stuck. I think im starting to get the terms such as drilling ect now.

Are there any reasources on the net?

Jon

I started to work on a set of flash cards to help myself and other people out with this problem.

You could have pictures of the crop at different times of it's growing cycle and details of each crop.

I was going to call it crop trumpsâ„¢.

Ben

Woodpigeons are a predominantly grey coloured bird about 200cm tall, weighing in about 1.5lbs, they have white neck bars and white bars in middle of wings with black tipped wings and tail, pinkish bill, red/pink legs and yellow eyes.

Hope this is of help to you mate.

Guess everyone has to start somewhere http://www.ukagriculture.com/crops/crops.cfm just remember this is privileged info :lol:

Highlander thats a very interesting site, I wonder if it is used in schools, some of todays kids could learn a thing or two from it. :lol: ..... ie chicken dont live in plastic bags and spuds have soil on them!

:good: D2D

Guess everyone has to start somewhere http://www.ukagriculture.com/crops/crops.cfm just remember this is privileged info :lol:

Highlander thats a very interesting site, I wonder if it is used in schools, some of todays kids could learn a thing or two from it. B) ..... ie chicken dont live in plastic bags and spuds have soil on them!

:good: D2D

You mean Tescos et al have been pulling the wool (for that read synthetic) over our eyes all this time :lol:

Woodpigeons are a predominantly grey coloured bird about 200cm tall, weighing in about 1.5lbs, they have white neck bars and white bars in middle of wings with black tipped wings and tail, pinkish bill, red/pink legs and yellow eyes.

Hope this is of help to you mate.

200cm = 6' 6" :yahoo:

What do you shoot 'em with, Anti Aircraft guns?

Blimey mate, I'm staying down south if you've got woodies that big! :good: