Views on the Hawke SR6 Iluminated.

louilester

Hi All,

Still consider myself a newbie and I'm looking to upgrade my scope to make hunting easier I'm looking at the Hawke SR6 scope.

Does anyone have one and how do they find in in practice?? Also was the DVD useful, if posible I'd like to have a look at one if anyone doesn't mind lending it to me.

(update)

It's for an air rifle - AA S410 .22

regards,

Loui

might be able to help a bit :yahoo:

shepreth airgun club

if you can get to shepreth, near royston on sunday morning i could let you try the non illuminated sr6 on the range and give you the dvd that came with the scope :yahoo: and let you know where you can get one cheap :good:

shepreth airgun club

i really like the ret for target shoting and that will transfer to hunting well, optics are very good for a scope thats just over £100 and its keeping a decent bushnell off the rifle at the moment.

let me know if you are coming so i will keep a look out

ben

Might get more responses if you state of what rifle/calibre you intend to mount it on. :good:

Not a fan of the make myself, but no doubt others here will disagree. :yahoo:

Hi Dead eye, I am a mate of louilester's and thinking of getting the same scope, you mention you are not a fan of the Hawke make of scopes, Could i please ask what you would recommend? and why you are not a fan of Hawke, my interest as a relative newbie is to upgrade my basic scope that came on my AA S410 classic .177

cheers

might be able to help a bit :good:

shepreth airgun club

if you can get to shepreth, near royston on sunday morning i could let you try the non illuminated sr6 on the range and give you the dvd that came with the scope :yahoo: and let you know where you can get one cheap :good:

shepreth airgun club

i really like the ret for target shoting and that will transfer to hunting well, optics are very good for a scope thats just over £100 and its keeping a decent bushnell off the rifle at the moment.

let me know if you are coming so i will keep a look out

ben

That's really decent of you Ben. I live only about 4 miles from Shepreth and have been a couple of times. However the out-laws are down this weekend :yahoo: and I've promised to take Father to Hillside clay club in the morning. I'll see how things go and may try and swing by Shepreth on the way home if that's OK.

Thanks for the help. I was looking at the Hawke website and their reticule page si very good at giving a 'view' of the scope - but there's nothing like first had experience.

Thanks again,

Steve

Think your refering to me - I just find them a bit cheap and tacky feeling, with glass which I wouldn't like to compare against a better make in a year or so - don't forget that glass is technically a liquid (wait for the fallout!!) - look at old church stain glass windows, some of the very old ones have holes at the top of the pane and thicker at the bottom, due to the glass flowing downhill! :good: As such glass degrades, and cheaper glass degrades faster than expensive glass. Just my opinon mind! ;)

Think your refering to me - I just find them a bit cheap and tacky feeling, with glass which I wouldn't like to compare against a better make in a year or so - don't forget that glass is technically a liquid (wait for the fallout!!) - look at old church stain glass windows, some of the very old ones have holes at the top of the pane and thicker at the bottom, due to the glass flowing downhill! :lol: As such glass degrades, and cheaper glass degrades faster than expensive glass. Just my opinon mind! :P

Dont think it will bother me in 100yrs if the glass in my scope has flowed downhill ;) B)

Sorry but coulnd,t resist it,

:good: D2D