Eley 410 3 inch rolled end cartridges

db135

I've got a 410 mossberg pump hushpower and used loads off different cartridges mostly 3 inch magnum all have had the 5 star crimped endo all good. Bought a slab of eley 410 3 inch magnum these have a rolled end with a white paper discusses holding shot in load one in shoot it slide locked solid unable to pump the gun you have to loosen the nut on the barrel and forcefully pull barrel off and the cartridge welded in barrel have to use pointed mole grips to remove and the end all melted! Got onto eley which changed them for a different batch first cartridge I tried from new lot did exactly same got back on to eley they say you carnt use roll ended 3 inch magnum in a mossberg that's chambered for 3 inch couldn't believe hearing that and have replaced them with 4 long ones now as they say all new 410 eleys going to be rolled ends even the subsonic what's the point of that if they weld them self's in barrel went back to fiocci 3 inch 5 star crimp guns faultless. Anybody had this trouble with 3 inch rolled ended eleys? Barrel spotless so it's not down to fouling in barrel

I did notice some of my Eley's were now rolled ends but can't recall if they were the magnums or Fourlong that I was using both last time I shot.

To be honest I'm now only buying Fourlong and Express 3" Magnasonic 17g as they are much quieter subsonics anyway.

The Fiocchi's are great if the noise doesn't matter - very hard hitting but the loudest 410 I've used in my Mossberg.

Edited by ChrisPCarter

Yes the women from eley said all 410 cartridges from them now rolled ends she even said she'd had a fuw complaints same problem as mine she was helpful after the second lot no good she's gave as voucher for a slab of 4 long they also are rolled ends but aren't 3 inch