Help - lube problem?

DirtyDeeds

I've got a Beretta 686 with a slight problem I've noticed.

When shooting today, and whilst cleaning, I've noticed the effort required to break the barrels is more than usual as if it's 'gumming up' somewhere.

However, this is only noticeable when the mechanism has been fired. Just opening and closing it seems fine but it is stiffer to open once the trigger has been pulled for both barrels (hope this makes sense to someone!).

When cleaning I regularly oil the 'break open' lever, the two pushrods in the bottom of the breech, and the hinge pins, and ejectors.

So what's going on, why does it require more effort to open the barrels once the gun has been fired? Am I doing something wrong?

sounds to me like the ejectors are clogging up, had a similar with one of my brownings , i sujest a full take down and clean out, even remove the workings from the fore end and clean, solvent tooth brush, stock off and the same through outthe action, you will be supprised at the debris you will wash out, oil with a 3 in 1 type and wipe excess off, take to feild/range and have ater :good::lol:

Martin

as before a good thorough cleaning and correct lubeing will cure many problems.

"Weren't just the ejectors; the springs were a bit clogged as well (little *******!)."

my reference was to the whole not part as you can see, removing the unit from the forend you will see all the **** that clogs it, i do this regularly ,,,,,,,,, twice a year ,a nd i hasten to add i have never yet had any parts left over :blink: :lol::lol:

glad your problems sorted :blink:

Martin

p.s. the knuckle is the part where the barrel block sits in the forend plate, see curved section of forend action below

post-1145-1179587961.jpg

its a molly coat, made for the protection of parts in adverse cvonditions, eg the heat and cold to the extreme.

its asimilar to graphite based dry lubes, i have been using it for years now with no adverse affects in the mechanical actions, a plus is the lube ease the cleaning of chokes as well, kinda creates a barrier between the plastic and the tubes.

Martin