Lister D stationary engine

winnie2457

Lister D stationary engine bought as a bag of bits. Fully rebuilt and painted in original colour and back to its former condition.

This is the 700rpm 1.5HP model

Model number 28DH

Serial number 1/61804

In the photos the original transfers have been added and also the flywheel has been cleaned and varnished.

Does not come with a stand as the trolley broke however the original wheels and axle with come with the engine.

Also the magneto has been refurbished with the points and condenser, new amal carb has been stripped and cleaned also all the brass taps etc have been replaced with new parts she starts on the second crank

Starting handle also included

Oil has been drained for transport and also fuel has been drained. I have a video of her running before it's been sat in my garage for 6months.

Reason for sale is I don't have the time to use her and I have no need for her anymore. It took me over 3 months to rebuild her and her her running and also cost me well over 150quid in parts.

Collection only and she is heavy about 80kg

Perfect for show use or a collectors piece of history.

Collection from PE37 8HW Norfolk

post-77268-0-29404000-1475686936_thumb.jpg

post-77268-0-71027800-1475686947_thumb.jpg

post-77268-0-10290500-1475686959_thumb.jpg

My late Father worked for Godwin Pumps in Gloucestershire for nigh on 60 years he would have been delighted to see those photos ..

They had an association with R A Lister Engines which went back nearly 100 years, and he was particularly fond of their robustness and reliability.

Sadly the company, based in Dursley, Glos fell into difficulties in the mid noughties and the original site and factory was demolished and re developed.

I built some of the first properties on the site in 2006. I believe production of engines has ceased completely now and this once great company is a shadow of its former days.

This is quite an interesting read. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_A_Lister_and_Company

Hope it finds a good home.