BT Business RIPOFF

sportsbob

This is a heads up to BT Business customers.

Well today I had my regular BT business phone bill and they have decided to charge me £15.48 every month to go into the phone book backdated til August and paid in advance until the end of December well you can imagine my mood over this extra charge. I telephoned them to complain and I was informed they sent me a letter saying if I did not notify them I wished to opt out of this service then I would be automatically enrolled.

So if you have a BT business account and have not heard about this then look at your current and next bill, if they have charged you call them and notify them you have not received or read any notification of the increase and then they have to issue a credit on the account and cancel future payments.

Surely that's not legal? Automatically enrolled my ****! Say you never got the letter and challenge it, unless they got signed for recorded delivery then they're surely stuffed.

If you did receive it why didn't you opt out lol

As an "in contract customer" clause 52 of there T's & C's applies whereby they give you one months notice and it is legal. Now then you are correct in saying if you don't receive notice then they can't enforce it so you can tell them to sod off, also as my contract has expired I am not bound by there T's & C's so I got to tell the to stuff it on two counts :-P .

As an out of contract customer they periodically give me a nuisance call to try to get me to sign up again with scare tactics regarding pricing etc but I simply hang up on them and for the last 4 years or so my tariff has not changed and yes you guessed it I am quite happy with that :-)).