J.p. sauer 16g

eddoakley

Is that the standard German style anson deely double underlug with a Kirsten cross locking bolt?

That sounds about right.

I will try to post a few pics tomorrow as it's put away now and I have to go out.

Just interested to know people's experience.

It was offered to me a week or so ago and I must admit I expected something a bit nicer but I bought it anyway.

A quick look on GT shows only one box lock so not really anything to value it against either....

Edd

Hello I have a J.P.Sauer 12 bore made about 1960 cheek piece on stock these were made in the east of Germany long before the wall came down if it was made pre-war its a good German gun the proof marks will tell this most were made after the war like mine and are in fact very much in many way a Baikal even down to the fore end catch in saying this they are very well made and should with a bit of love and care last longer than most mine I use for pigeon all year round I have opened the chokes out but on a 16 they need to be a bit tight because of the smaller bore cartridge load about 28--30 grams your sounds like one of the better ones being a side plate try and post some pic of the proof marks please I all so own a 1939 German sault&berger of Hamburg re-proof in 1971 all the best hope this helps

I looked at one locally recently they still have it for sale on guntrader. a nice gun seemed to handle well but I didn't buy it as I already have a 16 bore.

Have you a link? The only one I saw was a box lock.

Don't have it with me today but will take some pics of the proof marks etc tomorrow.

Hopefully some general pics below:

I looked at one locally recently they still have it for sale on guntrader. a nice gun seemed to handle well but I didn't buy it as I already have a 16 bore.

Have you a link? The only one I saw was a box lock.

Don't have it with me today but will take some pics of the proof marks etc tomorrow.

Hopefully some general pics below: