Ear defenders - Advice please

I have for a long time now just used basic pluggy into the ear type ear protection whilst shooting in the field. I have never had any probs with ringing ears etc but I realistically doubt whether I am getting enough sound protection. I have saw a set of electronic ear muffs for £20 plus P+P on a well known internet site. I have used similar elctronic ones whilst clay shooting before and they seem to work very well. the only reason I have not used them in the rough is I do find muffs a little cimbersome. I do now think it is time to get sensible. What does anyone else use....are the non electronic ones any good(especially the slim line ones). As with most I want to pay as little as possible but don't want to be cursing in X amount of years when I cant hear the grand kiddies(got none at the moment).

Anyway (blah blah) does anyone have any recommendations on ear muffs(elctronic/non). :stupid:

Peltor Sporttac myself, they seem to sell for silly money but they are just about as good as it gets. I know of supplier doing them for less than a ton.

Mungler has some peltor trapper I think, also excellent (not sure how much they are), they are thinner than the Sporttac though.