Airgun law and permission

george123456789

I am only fifteen and have a shotgun license and full basc and insurance and would like more land to shoot over with my airgun, i was wondering what to do about those farmers which may have an issue with my age, i dont know how to prove i am responsible enough etc a part from to say a have an s.c.g. and already shoot for mr so and so and mr so and so. a part from that i am not really sure...however this summer after gcse's i will be working for one of the farmers whose land i shoot over so should hopefully meet others that can get to know me and let me shoot over their land.

Any help appreciated, George

Farmers and landowners are only naturally going to be wary of letting anyone they don't know, especially a youngster, loose with a shotgun or air rifle loose on their land.

Start with the farmer you will be working for. Get round his land plenty of times (if you shoot loads of rabbits / pigeons / squirrels etc, make sure he knows that you are doing him a service). Once he gets to know that you are mature and responsible enough, if you ask him, he may put in a good work for you to others.

Networking is the best way, but you need to be well known to at least one other person who the people you are asking are acquianted with.

Alternatively, if you can obtain permission with an older relative - dad, grandad, uncle etc, after time you will be able to go out without them.

Do bear in mind that it is illegal for you to carry your air rifle in a public place (i.e. not on private land) although you can legally carry a covered shotgun in a public place at 15 :lol:

I already shoot shotguns with my dad on the farms but he has lost interest in shooting..prefers gardening now! So i still go out alon with my air rifle, already know the farmer very well and hav been on his land since i was bout 8yrs old so hopfully he can put me in contact with other farmers as ive shot so many rabbits on his land that they are too wary to be approachd within air rifle range so i normally lie up ouside a well used warre and wait, this takes ages tough, for one or two rabbits, but is brilliant just sitting on a sunny evening, just me waiting for rabbits! cant beat it can you?