The power of music

KFC

I play in a Ukulele band and we do local gigs at care homes, armed forces day etc.

Last night we did a gig at a place in St Ives, Cambs, called The Heron Club which is an evening club for adults with learning difficulties and it is the best gig we've ever done.

I'm still laughing this morning. Right from the very first downbeat everyone was joining in and some of the dancing was fantastic. Half way through, the audience were handed there own percussion instruments and the musical chaos that followed was absolutely fantastic.

The audience of 25 were singing so loudly that we could hardly hear what we were playing.

Can't wait for the return gig.

I know we have quite a few musicians, and some drummers :whistling: , on the forum so would be nice to hear others experiences.

Yeah always great to play to an audience that are enjoying your efforts, fun when they join in with the act it really livens things up.

In the distant past I have played guitar in pop and rock groups both amateur and pro to "hot" audiences and "flat" ones, I know the feeling and much prefer the "hot" ones , good on you and the rest of your band keep it up :good:

BTW my aged brain wont handle remembering the chords to my recent uke purchase any tips? , apart from a new brain :sad1:

Edited by deny essex

Yeah always great to play to an audience that are enjoying your efforts, fun when they join in with the act it really livens things up.

In the distant past I have played guitar in pop and rock groups both amateur and pro to "hot" audiences and "flat" ones, I know the feeling and much prefer the "hot" ones , good on you and the rest of your band keep it up :good:

BTW my aged brain wont handle remembering the chords to my recent uke purchase any tips? , apart from a new brain :sad1:

http://www.chelmsfordweeklynews.co.uk/news/maldon/14326936.Ukulele_club_marks_first_anniversary/

http://ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/4/8/22489722/ukulele_boot_camp_2013.pdf

:good: