1st magpie 17hmr

Guest fred101

Guest rabo

I know it's not much but im in my glory with this 17hmr,out for an hour and a half this morn mooching about trying to get a shot at crows and jackdaws feeding on a recently spread field,i had a couple of chances at birds over 150yds+ or so but the confidence isn't 100% yet at longer distances yet,was walkin back up to the car and seen this young magpie across the field,leaned up a tree,had a crack, seen the dirt behind kickin up thought i missed,had a look through the scope and seen his wing hanging down was going to take another shot but he went down in the grass, paced it out 123 paces.well pleased,was using federal vshock.

Guest rabo
nice 1, nothing like blasting magpies with the hmr :good:

I had 2 lined up perfectly feeding on a dead rabbit the other day, a shot of a lifetime but there was no backstop incase i missed, i was well gutted that i couldnt take the shot.

something similar happened to me the other nite,as much as i love shootin the ******* i couldn't take a shot there were cows in a field behind it.

Guest rabo
Well done but I can not see any pic :good:

Kipper :good:

were's my pic,it was there this morn,i was only gettin used to resizing and posting pictures and now it's all went :yes:??? not to worry im sure it'll be sorted .