out of the blue........

chunk

....my fishing mate texted me asking if i wanted any more shooting land. Turns out hes been made farm manager, and like the top bloke he is abuses his authority to allow us all the shooting. The previous bloke hogged it and wouldnt allow anyone but himself on it. 600 acres, woods, etc. :good:

....my fishing mate texted me asking if i wanted any more shooting land. Turns out hes been made farm manager, and like the top bloke he is abuses his authority to allow us all the shooting. The previous bloke hogged it and wouldnt allow anyone but himself on it. 600 acres, woods, etc. :good:

well done :sick:

Good for you but I can't blame a guy for hogging what he could put to use, letting some areas have a temporary respite from shooting. While 600 acres is great for a start, if you shoot on a regular basis it's really not all that big and you could soon find yourself with little left to aim at. :sick:

I'm fortunate enough to be able to let some areas go for months between visits - then have a darn good night or two on it before moving on again. Mind you - the night would be some 5 or 6 hours on foot. :good:

Good for you but I can't blame a guy for hogging what he could put to use, letting some areas have a temporary respite from shooting. While 600 acres is great for a start, if you shoot on a regular basis it's really not all that big and you could soon find yourself with little left to aim at. :sick:

I'm fortunate enough to be able to let some areas go for months between visits - then have a darn good night or two on it before moving on again. Mind you - the night would be some 5 or 6 hours on foot. :good:

I`ve got quite a lot of land bud, but a bit more is always welcome. As you say rest it. I loose a substancial amount in the pheasant season so am always on the lookout for a bit extra to tide myself over the winter. This new land has got some decent woodland areas which i dont have at the moment.

I guess, with this bit i`ve got about 2,500 acres. I posted up cos i was like a dog with two ***** just having this land fall into my lap.

Good for you but I can't blame a guy for hogging what he could put to use, letting some areas have a temporary respite from shooting. While 600 acres is great for a start, if you shoot on a regular basis it's really not all that big and you could soon find yourself with little left to aim at. :D

I'm fortunate enough to be able to let some areas go for months between visits - then have a darn good night or two on it before moving on again. Mind you - the night would be some 5 or 6 hours on foot. :sick:

I`ve got quite a lot of land bud, but a bit more is always welcome. As you say rest it. I loose a substancial amount in the pheasant season so am always on the lookout for a bit extra to tide myself over the winter. This new land has got some decent woodland areas which i dont have at the moment.

I guess, with this bit i`ve got about 2,500 acres. I posted up cos i was like a dog with two ***** just having this land fall into my lap.

And I always thought the IOW was only a little place, :lol::yes::D

:good: D2D

Good for you but I can't blame a guy for hogging what he could put to use, letting some areas have a temporary respite from shooting. While 600 acres is great for a start, if you shoot on a regular basis it's really not all that big and you could soon find yourself with little left to aim at. :(

I'm fortunate enough to be able to let some areas go for months between visits - then have a darn good night or two on it before moving on again. Mind you - the night would be some 5 or 6 hours on foot. :lol:

And I always thought the IOW was only a little place, :yes::D:D

:good: D2D

35x15 miles. Its bigger than you think. :sick: