Lee Enfield #4 Mark I

shootit

Hello,

I've got the high bid right now on a Lee Enfield #4 Mark I here in the states. Anyone here care to share any info regarding these great British rifles? I'm slowly getting my WWII collection together.

Regards

Look on Wikipedia. Volumes of information. :blush:

lee enfields are fantastic rifles and i know first hand that any made in the UK,Canada,Australia,South Africa, and the Irish contract ones are all made very well and will shoot very acceptable groups, There was many also made in India on British tooling but dont know the quality of steel or wood but might be ok, and i know savage arms out of the USA made lee enfield rifles for China and the above mentiond British and British commonwealth armies during WW2. you can buy brand new remakes from AIA in Australia, and I think gibbsons arms out of the USA, below are the listed new Australian models and my fathers no4 lonbranch arsenals Canadian made model dated 1944 and was issued to the Canadian Black Watch Highland Infantry Regiment great little piece, However they are old rifled and if you get a well used one it may shoot for the s--ts and if it is a sportorized one dont pay more than 100 US

lee enfields are fantastic rifles and i know first hand that any made in the UK,Canada,Australia,South Africa, and the Irish contract ones are all made very well and will shoot very acceptable groups, There was many also made in India on British tooling but dont know the quality of steel or wood but might be ok, and i know savage arms out of the USA made lee enfield rifles for China and the above mentiond British and British commonwealth armies during WW2. you can buy brand new remakes from AIA in Australia, and I think gibbsons arms out of the USA, below are the listed new Australian models and my fathers no4 lonbranch arsenals Canadian made model dated 1944 and was issued to the Canadian Black Watch Highland Infantry Regiment great little piece, However they are old rifled and if you get a well used one it may shoot for the s--ts and if it is a sportorized one dont pay more than 100 US

Wow! excellent post! Nice new production rifles too. I didn't even know about these. I am not even sure if I have seen them for sale in the US. I think the match model might be a great trainer for a young shooting competitor. Seems like the war surplus rifles are going for about $150-250 US here.

Wow! excellent post! Nice new production rifles too. I didn't even know about these. I am not even sure if I have seen them for sale in the US. I think the match model might be a great trainer for a young shooting competitor. Seems like the war surplus rifles are going for about $150-250 US here.

Anyone know of a web site where you can do serial number searches for historical information on a particular rifle?

Anyone know of a web site where you can do serial number searches for historical information on a particular rifle?

I know the new Australian ones will accept american m-14 20 round mags and all have chrome lined barrels and are match grade and so you could fire tracer out of them and not damage the barrel i am looking at getting one for my self , here they retail for about 800 canadian so my guess is thats about 700 american or 400 pounds uk

I looked around the US here for one of those AIA new manufacture Lee Enfields and could find no importer hence I think they are unavailable. Looks like they are available in east and west Canada. Nice looking rifles though. I wrote an email to a distributor to consider importing these and making them available.

Currently bidding on one here in the US and have the bid for 85 USD but I am sure the bidding will increase the final price possibly above my top bid. The rifles I have seen are nice but not quite the quality of the rifle in your picture. They all have some degree of wear on the stocks and the flip up rear apertures instead of the rear ladder sight. What kind of groups have you shot with these? I am guessing less than 2 M.O.A.?

Here are my latest four additions to the rifle rack.

dgunpic.jpg

Can you name all four?

I looked around the US here for one of those AIA new manufacture Lee Enfields and could find no importer hence I think they are unavailable. Looks like they are available in east and west Canada. Nice looking rifles though. I wrote an email to a distributor to consider importing these and making them available.

Currently bidding on one here in the US and have the bid for 85 USD but I am sure the bidding will increase the final price possibly above my top bid. The rifles I have seen are nice but not quite the quality of the rifle in your picture. They all have some degree of wear on the stocks and the flip up rear apertures instead of the rear ladder sight. What kind of groups have you shot with these? I am guessing less than 2 M.O.A.?

Here are my latest four additions to the rifle rack.

dgunpic.jpg

Can you name all four?

nice looking collection you got going there i love the m1 grand BANG!BANG!BANG!TING! and if i am right

is that rifle below it at the bottom a swiss military schmidt & Rubin ? you just got to get yourself a German K98 8mm mauser and a sweedish 6.5 mm mauser, and i supose you could go after some of that soviet stuff too

very nice little collection must be nice to look at and fun to shoot i have one of those chinese sks semiautos to cheep and fun :lol:

oh i forgot you also need a springfield pat 14 30-06 lee enfield american army ww1 and US army sniper in ww2

and if you want a AIA lee enfield type in marstar canada i think they import to the USA, and i belive gunbroaker specializes in buying back and forth firearms between Canada/USA

Your right on the Garand technically its like this: Load, slap, bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang, TING! Reload (Watch your thumb!) If eight shots of 30-06 won't kill it your in deep ****.

In order from top

Savage 17 HMR

Russian Tula 1951 SKS

Sprinfield M1 Garand WWII vintage

Swiss Schmidt Rubin K31 rifle. (most accurate)

If you don't have a K31 I highly recommend getting one. Very good rifle. Mine shoots 1- 1.5 inch groups with the Hornady 165 grain ammo at 100 yds.

Next I am looking at several old military rifles including a 1903A3. However, there's something that makes my stomach turn about the thought of having a Nazi rifle under my roof although I concede that the early K98's were a work of art.

Thanks for the info on the AIA rifles I may make a call or email to determine availability and price.

Sounds like youve got some very good knowledge of rifles!

Your right on the Garand technically its like this: Load, slap, bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang, TING! Reload (Watch your thumb!) If eight shots of 30-06 won't kill it your in deep ****.

In order from top

Savage 17 HMR

Russian Tula 1951 SKS

Sprinfield M1 Garand WWII vintage

Swiss Schmidt Rubin K31 rifle. (most accurate)

If you don't have a K31 I highly recommend getting one. Very good rifle. Mine shoots 1- 1.5 inch groups with the Hornady 165 grain ammo at 100 yds.

Next I am looking at several old military rifles including a 1903A3. However, there's something that makes my stomach turn about the thought of having a Nazi rifle under my roof although I concede that the early K98's were a work of art.

Thanks for the info on the AIA rifles I may make a call or email to determine availability and price.

Sounds like youve got some very good knowledge of rifles!

you are lucky to have a real russian sks you can find the chinese ones here in canada for 75 canadian brand new but to find a yugoslavian,east german, russian one is kind of hard to find

• 1 month later...