P38

AberFowl

I have been looking at buying a second motor for the shooting trips

So won't do lots of miles but want something reliable as may use for commute if we ever get another winter

I have always liked the look of and fancied a P38

Are they riddled with problems?

Is it worth converting to coil springs.

Have been offered one local that's in good condition

W reg, 4.0 v8, 130k on clock

Talk me out of it!?

Anybody able to give an approx cost to convert to lpg?

Edited by AberFowl

Had one for over two years 2.5td,it's just done 200000 miles, great to drive loads of power for towing, luxurious and spacious inside. The air suspension is worth its weight in gold,wouldn't have one with springs,the britpart shocks and springs were poor quality and spoil the point in having a p38. I stuck some on a disco 300. All cars have there problems,only fault with mine is the Aircon doesn't work and a small water leak from the passenger side in heavy rain when stood. Just done the discs and pads all round for £107. Had the 4l v8 with lpg system, the autobox went on that so sold it on. That did 12mag round town and 18 mag on a run. If you can afford the fuel buy one, I wouldn't bother with lpg again either.

I suggested to George, Land Rover engineer at Atherstone that I might buy one and dump my Landie. I stood around for a while until he came back down :-) In a very few explicit words he suggested I should not touch one with a bargepole.

My Landie is a 4ltr V8 on Lpg. Runs like a dream and probably does ..moneywise ..equivalent 30 to 34 to the gallon against the price of standard unleaded. Have someone set your LPG up properly and it is well worthwhile IF you have an outlet reasonably close by.

Edited by Walker570