Scopes

Magpies are gay

• 3 weeks later...

when i got my rapid,about 6 months ago,i bought a Whitetail classic,3.5-10+50,thought it was good kit,looked the part anyway,but some days the gun would be zero`d,and other days firing all over the place,friends said it could be the scope,but i didnt listen,so after months of changing seals,and messing with the gun,and feeling very frustrated i bought a Hawk airmax scope(not rating hawk atall)the gun zero`d within one mag,and has never moved since,and the Hawk has the mildot reticle,another thing i didnt rate and didnt think i needed,but last night i dropped one at 97 yards,after firing one pellet and seing the poof of dust were the pellet hit,the second i allowed for,and straight hit in the head :P ,i was very happy,and my friend very impressed,so now i have changed my mind on the Hawk range,and mine being the 4-12+48,boght it new for 75 notes,and the simmons being 209notes,Also when i got the gun(NEW)the valve on the buddy bottle was knacked,and we tried to fix.So therefore DRAPERS of Nottingham sold me a rite load of ****,apart from the gun,which after nearly loosing faith in it,and not beleiving people about how effective the super 7 is,well now im more than happy,and have lamped more than 50 bunnys this week with my Hawk scope,and soon the rookery at the farm will be done,looking forward to many more happy days with my rapid. :P

97 yards my ****.

Or is your gun FAC?

MAG, Why are you looking at scopes with ludicous amounts of magnification, just for an airgun.

Go for a decent low mag scope, as I have said before 6x is ample enough. When you get in the field and shoot your coney at 30yds you will realise that 16x is far to much, and you will never use it. I have often shot rabbits at 50, 60, 70, 100yds with a .22 at 3 or 4x zoom. Hell I can get 97/100 with iron sites.

You really dont need that much zoom. I have survived on 4x for years. I only got a new zoom scope because I had broken my old one and Pigeon Pieman was selling his cheap. If I were to buy a new one, I would probably go for a 6x fixed.

Yes super 7,dont use any more than 4.75ish on the magnification,i shot the bunny at 97 yards,wouldnt lie,after the first shot it was easy to judge the gap,might have been lucky but was meant,i like just alittle more than 4+mag,just me that,when we go out with friends mag-rimfire 4+mag is more than enough but need to that little bit more accurate with the shots with the rapids...