42gr Winchester problems

I’ve got a hw60j .22lr  started using Winchester’s 42gr sub and have to say they very accurate ,best I’ve used infact, but I’ve had a fair few cases wont eject after firing , it’s a nightmare in the field as I’ve gotta take a cleaning road with me or a small screw driver .I’ve used most other brands and never had a problem. The ejectors are clean and I’ve used a larger brass brush to clean the chamber but still get them randomly sticking. Other than change to a different make is there anything I can do to stop it? Any advice would be great

The first few hundred 42gr subs I bought earlier in the year were fine but I've since had exactly the same problem. At first like you I thought it was something about my rifle. I gave it a good clean out to no avail and then put a few through another rifle and that also had several stick per box.

Wiping over the brass with case lube has greatly improved them. In the meantime I have bought a few boxes of Eley and had no issues, so I'm beginning to think this must be a Winchester production problem. A pity as I previously found them to shoot very well. 

On 24/12/2017 at 13:27, clakk said:

Are these not coated with wax or some other "lube" that fouls your workings as it builds up in your rifle ,sure ive seen this issue on another forum. I believe the cure is to "wash" them before use hope this helps 

I know what you mean clakk I've seen that before with other makes but it is certainly not the problem with the sticking Winchester subs, there is no sign of excess lube.