Windows 7

Medic1281

Hi All, 

my old man runs his accounts through a program that is only supported on windows 7. He feels it’s too big a deal to swap and learn a new accounts program so is looking for a laptop with 7 on it or a full copy with key. The computer will soley be used for his accounts so not looking for connectivity or fancy things. I’m planning on formatting a cheap laptop and installing windows 7. Has anyone got a disc version of 7 that they’d sell? 

Thanks, Medic.

16 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Download it from MS, & just use your fathers Win 7 Key.

What if the key is OEM?  OEM keys are tied to the components making up a pc/laptop, so it may not let you do this as the new laptop does not have exactly the same components.  Look at the label with the Key on it, it should say if it is OEM or not,

Just thinking,

RS

5 hours ago, RockySpears said:

What if the key is OEM?  OEM keys are tied to the components making up a pc/laptop, so it may not let you do this as the new laptop does not have exactly the same components.  Look at the label with the Key on it, it should say if it is OEM or not,

Just thinking,

RS

Yep good point, there is a way around it, depends how techy you want to get.

You can buy win7 keys very cheaply on the bay.
They're from business PCs which have been decommissioned.
The machines are built at the factory using an OEM type key and they get a key label attached in case  windows needs reinstalled at some point - most are never used.
MS won't like it but since the box it was sold with is now scrapped, as is your father's old laptop, I'd say it's fair and reasonable to use one of these for your build.
And I never mentioned Win7 tiny at any point in this post...