need help with this

wolf

Hi guys I need a little help identifying this air rifle.

I purchased it today from a widow selling off her deceased husbands gun collection, she had already sold his shot guns and rim fires to the local gun shop, she was advertising his other misc shooting stuff including a 3-9-40 scope, I turned up to look at the scope and it was sitting on this. She told me the gun shop wasn’t interested in the air rifle, (they hadn’t seen it as it was in his garage locked away) she asked me if I would take the scope off if I wanted it, when I asked what she was going to do with the air rifle she said keep it until her grandson was older, I agreed that was a good idea, she then asked me if I was interested in it. I explained my wife would kill me with it if I took it home, and that I only have the money from shooting rabbits to spend on gun stuff. She explained that’s what her husband did with it and offered it to me @ £***** ill tell you if you can tell me what it is.

Ok its walnut .22 pre charged 200lb 8 shot. Nearly new not a mark on it. At first I thought it was an Air Arms 410 in walnut but the cylinder is too long. There are no manufacture markings on it what so ever yet as I say it’s in mint condition.

I took it out tonight and came back with 26 rabbits, its awesome. I must of fired 90 or so pellets and it still seems to have plenty of power left.

So any ideas? Here are some picks.

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

gun3.jpg

gun4.jpg

gun5.jpg

gun6.jpg

gun7.jpg

Hi guys I need a little help identifying this air rifle.

I purchased it today from a widow selling off her deceased husbands gun collection, she had already sold his shot guns and rim fires to the local gun shop, she was advertising his other misc shooting stuff including a 3-9-40 scope, I turned up to look at the scope and it was sitting on this. She told me the gun shop wasn’t interested in the air rifle, (they hadn’t seen it as it was in his garage locked away) she asked me if I would take the scope off if I wanted it, when I asked what she was going to do with the air rifle she said keep it until her grandson was older, I agreed that was a good idea, she then asked me if I was interested in it. I explained my wife would kill me with it if I took it home, and that I only have the money from shooting rabbits to spend on gun stuff. She explained that’s what her husband did with it and offered it to me @ £***** ill tell you if you can tell me what it is.

Ok its walnut .22 pre charged 200lb 8 shot. Nearly new not a mark on it. At first I thought it was an Air Arms 410 in walnut but the cylinder is too long. There are no manufacture markings on it what so ever yet as I say it’s in mint condition.

I took it out tonight and came back with 26 rabbits, its awesome. I must of fired 90 or so pellets and it still seems to have plenty of power left.

So any ideas? Here are some picks.

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

gun3.jpg

gun4.jpg

gun5.jpg

gun6.jpg

gun7.jpg

pity you havent shown the breech area and 8 shot mag, i am racking my brains i n trying to remember what it is, the trigger and guard is ringing a bell but i cant think yet, undo the one stock bolt and look under the cylinder and see if its marked near the trigger ***,

Hi guys thanks for all the replies, i have solved the mystery, the lady rang me today, she has found the original order. (yes order :blink: ) it is a custom made Alros M400 Shadow. it was a special order in walnut with the advanced trigger system, with removable cylinder, i Believe you can fit a large buddy bottle on. it cost £500 to be made i paid £150.00, this really is a nice rifle, best bargain i have had for ages. :yes:

Hi guys thanks for all the replies, i have solved the mystery, the lady rang me today, she has found the original order. (yes order :P ) it is a custom made Alros M400 Shadow. it was a special order in walnut with the advanced trigger system, with removable cylinder, i Believe you can fit a large buddy bottle on. it cost £500 to be made i paid £150.00, this really is a nice rifle, best bargain i have had for ages. :D

well done bud when i saw the pics of the magazine and saw the fixed magazie i thought Alros from stoke on trent way ,but i was not sure as i had not looked at that model before,but what a steal your a lucky b-------er! cheers,