The Food Standards Agency.

old man

From what I gather,  the company were asked by the FSA to clarify their method of ‘use/sell or best by date’ labelling, which they failed to do. If true then the ball is in Hume’s court. 

What I thought was rather unpalatable was the fact that a company such as this could be forced into possible bankruptcy (?) over the possibility that the public will misinterpret this as thinking that the meat in question is somehow unfit for consumption, when this is clearly not the case. 

It seems rather heavy handed, especially given the lack of any suggestion to my knowledge that the food was anything less than safe to eat. For context I have heard allegations of a much better known brand frequently washing and repackaging meat with later sell by dates to reduce the amount of stock lost by going past its sell by (but with no means to tell how many times this has been done to a single item) supposedly known to the foods standards agency but investigation kept quiet for fear of wider impact to the brand. 

Edited by Wb123