Upgrading power

garygas

Hi All,

Have a short list of the hw100t, Fx cyclone, AA 410 classic and BSA Super10. Undecided whether .22 or .177 as yet! (the debate makes very interesting reading). Have applied for my FAC but could take 4 months! (unreal!!). What Id like to know is are the guns I've short listed upgradeable to FAC? If so, at what cost? Intend to use for hunting rabbits, pigeons and crow.Would also appreciate your expert opinions as too my short list. Thanks Gary PS too impatient to wait for my FAC!!

Hi,

Thanks 4 the replies so far. Just 2 cllarify where I'm coming from. Have no intention of breaking the law. Would have the chosen gun up graded by the manufacturer upon receipt of my FAC. Just needed to know if these air rifles were ugradeable and at what cost? Would also like feedback on their shootabilty. accuracy etc in both .177 and .22 in FAC and non FAC Yours respectfully Gary

Ok fair enough just every once and a while the forum has people asking how to tune their rifle above the legal limit. Obviously, these people are idiots and then go on to damage the sport for all of us. Hence why we are all a bit touchy on the subject of tuning air rifles.

No offence meant,

Dan

The sensible option is to wait, as it would be less costly and you will be able to research it better and if you find that your origional idea was faulted/faultless then it will be worth the wait.

BTW - I waited 3 year for the right cf rifle.

:lol: but didn't you join PW for a mod for that said rifle and still not found one!??

Dan

If you want FAC power forget .177. Slightly more than legal power will push the pellet past the sound barrier easily which will make the pellet unstable and tumble, ie useless.

You can get .177 FAC but the overbearing majority of FAC air rifles are .22 You can get the "killing power" up much higher before the pellet gets too fast which makes it much more useful.

As henryd said forget buying now and upgrading later. FAC airguns don't hold their value as much as regular legal limit's do, as they are not as saleable. You'd be much better off buying a legal limit now and selling it to fund an FAC unit second hand later on.