estate agents

leeds chimp

Just out of curiosity - what % of the sale do they normally charge? 

4 hours ago, Munzy said:

If I recall correctly my friend listed a property with them, they did a viewing the same day but then the house was immediately taken off the market and the “contract” ended within the 14 day cooling off period Purple Bricks had in their contract. The buyer made contact with my friend directly a few months later and bought the house. PB took my friend to court and won their commission.

That sound like it could happen, although I would say they won their payment, not commission. 

Do they charge a one off payment up front and your friend had got a refund? 

I wonder how they know who bought the house. 

49 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just out of curiosity - what % of the sale do they normally charge? 

That sound like it could happen, although I would say they won their payment, not commission. 

Do they charge a one off payment up front and your friend had got a refund? 

I wonder how they know who bought the house. 

No fee was charged up front, a percentage was agreed as part of the contract to be paid upon completion.

Perhaps it wasn’t Purple Bricks if that doesn’t fit with their model, was a few years back.

The EA followed up some months later once the land registry was updated showing the new owner. They were ferocious in litigation, refused to settle the whole way through.

On 27/02/2018 at 18:00, Mice! said:

fair enough munzy, all still sounds very suspicious when your putting in offers but the house is unsold unless the offers are ridiculous.

We have offered well within what the EA and others think its worth.. They put the price up after 6 weeks 

On 27/02/2018 at 23:03, silver pigeon69 said:

This. But i would say the previous EA has contacted the seller and warned them that as he "found you", if they sell to you, the seller will have to pay him commission. If you approach the new EA, he will want  his commission. The seller, who has just sold to you, may find themselves(their solicitors) with a demand from two EA's for commission and or a legal challenge and big head ache!

i don't think its the "new" EA not wanting to sell to you. Their contracts are GOOD and they know the funds( for both of them(EA's)) will be there, even after court fees!

I can't see any other reason why a seller would block contact with a purchaser, unless it was personal.

Exactly... Love to know what the EA have said to them 

I have told the vender we are sold and everything's place to move forward... Its just the price as they put the price up