Double D fun.

muncher

I having just come back from a holiday in Wales only had Friday evening for a look round to find a few Woodies to have a go at. I looked at pea field that had several down and decided that was my only option. Having recently aquired a Zabala canardier,which I had the triggers lighten up at Trulock and Harris, good opportunity to try it out.I arrived to find about 50 feeding and decided to set up with a cross wind from left to right with my back to a dyke,two on the rotory and a few half shells.A few decoyed and I had a some down when Motty called, come on over it's a big field we can have separate hides to keep the birds from landing at the other end, I also gave my brother a call and asked if he fancied a few shots,not over promising but a chat and the chance to bag a few, he was happy to join me. The Zabala wieghs in excess of 9 pound I believe and if you pull the back trigger it will simultaneously discharges both barrels. This gun is mainly to be a fowling piece but DD long range pigeons with 2 ounce of 7s is amazing good fun as the skirt the decoys.Motty set up further down the field and my brother joined me, but the birds were not having much of it, so we took the hide down and got down the side of the dyke this seemed to help and we had a trickle of customers.at 3.30 it was very quiet so we decided to packed up with 53 from our hide and Motty picked 18 ,so 71 for a pleasant afternoon.

Edited by muncher

I enjoyed it, despite the pigeons being pretty cautious. All of my pigeons will be eaten by locals for a change. I have taken the breasts from 5 of them. I swapped the rest with Big mat (for a box of 10 3" nsi steel cartridges).

The double discharge gun will provide good fun in the months ahead.