Still no vixen

grasshopper

Went out tonight to try for the Vixen that has been eluding us.

Shot 3 cubs,only picked 2 (both dogs)as 1 was hit at the edge of the wood and got a surge of adreneline..am expecting to pick in the morn as it was well hit.

1st one appeared at 9 50,saw him loking my way and thought he,d clocked me as he went back into the wood,but he was back out less than 2mins later and stopped side on about 90yds away..he,s the top 1in pic. :good:

2nd appeared half an hour later,checking his bro and got the same.Wound is the entry as he was slightly angled facing towards me. :lol:

3rd was out 10mins after him,again slightly angled but i think he stepped forward just as i fired as he spun around,went down then got up and ran into the wood...really hate not dropping them cleanly. ;):lol:

All was quiet for 30 more mins so had a call...another 1.This time i,m sure this was the vixen as she checked the 2 cubs and didn,t like it..she was off and i didn,t get the shot.Could of took a quick 1 but like to be sure and after the previous cub i wanted to be certain so as i was using the NV i,m hoping she wasn,t aware of me. :lol:

Thats 5 cubs in the last 3 nights and a dog fox last week in the next field over.Tonights cubs came out of the wood within 20yds of a phesant pen that,ll be full in 3 weeks...got to get that vixen though :lol:

bigcubs.jpg

Cheers all

GH

Very well done mate :good: it happins us all at some stage shot a cub square on into the shoulder last week and it still ran twenty yards then dropped but was out in the open and got him lucky enough as you said it must be adrenelan.The vixons seem very shy this time of year your getting them in the same pattern as myself 1 dog and a couple of cubs but no vixon :lol: Keep at them and you will be bound to catch up with her :lol: