are blank firing gun legal

garybiker

Legal to own at home. Only legal to have in public in limited circumstances.

Hi OB

I have a .22 blank firing dog training pistol with a mag, how do I stand with that?

Not used it for years but am curious as to any regs that have come into being recently.

:blink: D2D

I have a .22 blank firing pistol, which I have used for dog training in the dim and distant past and I now use for pigeon scaring.

Every time I get a FLO visit, I make sure they see it and examine it.

It is quite legal and the only comment I have had, is not to carry it in public unnecessarily.

I take it where I am going to use it and then bring it home, it stays in the gun cupboard until next time.

Quite right. IMHO it's grief to have one as the onus is on YOU to prove lawful possession. Remember the women in Essex? There are plenty of lawful reasons for having one, just bear in mind that the Government; ergo the old bill, are a just a little bit jumpy at the mo!

My local police station advised painting it in a brighjt colour say yellow so that it doesnt look like the real thing at 1st glance. The helicopter could still be called out by some one so be sensible with them!!!!!!!!!!!