Idiot with German shepherd

michufc

7 hours ago, Westley said:

IF this person deliberately set the dogs on you both, then it is an assault and it needs reporting. It would seem that it was only good fortune that prevented shot dogs or personal injury, although I doubt I would want my young son to witness dogs being shot. Speak with the Farmer, get his opinion of the incident, if you then feel that he is on your side, report the incident to the Police. If this person has entered onto private land with the intention of assaulting you, either personally or through the dogs, it needs sorting. Of course if the Farmer does not want to 'rock the boat' you may be better leaving things or 'Let sleeping dogs lay' so to speak  !

Until next time this idiot let's his dogs off again. I'll bet the dogs normally run free in the field in question, probably don't like gun shots and bark like mad whenever someone's shooting nearby.

so what does it matter what the farmer thinks if it isn't reported and next time, because it wasn't reported the dogs get a grip, two German shepherd's are going to cause some damage, its not their fault i know, its the idiot holding the leads.

15 hours ago, Mice! said:

Until next time this idiot let's his dogs off again. I'll bet the dogs normally run free in the field in question, probably don't like gun shots and bark like mad whenever someone's shooting nearby.

so what does it matter what the farmer thinks if it isn't reported and next time, because it wasn't reported the dogs get a grip, two German shepherd's are going to cause some damage, its not their fault i know, its the idiot holding the leads.

I do not disagree with you, it depends on the Farmers relationship with the offender as to which course of action to take.  I have dealt with a similar incident that occurred when I was in a local syndicate. Problem being, the Farmer did not want the 'neighbour' upsetting, so the incident was dropped. It all depends on,  if you wish to keep the permission,  or not.  If you wish to pursue the matter against the Farmer's wishes, you will not be shooting there again anyway !