Blue Gill Fishing

new to the flock

Found myself with only the littlest and middle Littles home today, and no need to get on the tractor, so we decided to go out and do a bit of Blue Gill fishing at a nearby pond.

boysondock.jpg

Here is The Middle Little with a very nice Bass, which we threw back.

TeigBass.jpg

And the boys with 6 very nice Blue Gills to take home.

boysbluegills.jpg

Totals were;

Littlest Little...8 Bass and 5 Blue Gills

Middle Little...9 Bass and 1 Blue Gill

Oh and the huge plate of golden fillets that I just barely finished......was just Horrible :rolleyes::rolleyes::good::lol:

NTTF

Nice eating those bluegills. When I was out in Rhode Island with relies a few years back they took me fishing with "night crawlers" WORMS to us english boys, and when they told me to knock the blugills on the head I thought they were joking, but no NOT very big but good eating.

Also went out sea fishing on a BIG boat for cod as well, great fishing.

Trev

• 2 weeks later...

Nice NTTF! You can't beat bluegulls and sunfish for a good time. Even after fishing in places like Alaska I would still give a lot to have a quiet little bluegill pond on which to cast flies or teach my daughter to fish.

In a few weeks we'll be cooling out heels in the St. Lawrence where Gobys seem to be the hot ticket for 2-3 year old anglers. Time to go buy a new Snoopy rod.

ecff2c0a.jpg

The best part of fishing with Little Ones is they are not hung up on what they catch. Gobies, catfish, perch, blue gills, walleye, pike, it is all the same to them. Everything is simplistic, and if the fish aren't biting then there are always bugs to chase, crayfish to hunt, or clouds to watch.

Briarscratch you are not that far away Mate maybe one day we will have to get the budding anglers altogher. :D

NTTF