Pigeon v game cartridges

B725

I only use one load for most of my shooting and this is with Lovex D002 and 26g  #5 (20 bore); it suits me and my gun perfectly and i can do anything from snipe to hare ...and the odd goose that fly around the splashes

That said, there is no way to identify the powder in commercial loads as it's produced to suit the manufacture requirements and it never really matches the one on sale to retailers for home loading.   So that could justify the 'high bird powder' mentioned by the guy at Gamebore  (i.e. he didn't know the type but just the use of the powder)

On 29/12/2018 at 21:29, 8 shot said:

Two or three years ago i used Black Gold 32g 6s , Fiocchi Sporting PIgeon 6s and Fiocchi F3 game in 6s through the season and the Fiocchi's were easier on the shoulder and killed just as well as the Black Gold and between £75 and over £100 /1000 cheaper, guess what i don't buy now. Also Eley pigeon Select if i can't get Fiocchi's  

A good cartridge, those Fiocchi F3's.

This relatively decent pheasant was shot with 30g 6 just cartridges classic pigeon, you can hear other shots that are further away shooting other birds, the ones fired at this bird were the last two shots in the footage you can clearly hear it’s a much lighter cartridge. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpceTaJnpo-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qthizuuvrnea