Aero's Growing Up!!!

ShaggyRS6

He's doing well.

He sits now all the time when I tell him. He tends to come back now 99.9% of the time when shouted at :D Not been able to train him recently as I am not allowed to walk at the moment. Anyhoooos. I have attached some pics I took today in the garden.

aero1.jpg

aero2.jpg

aero3.jpg

aero4.jpg

You have got his eye Cupra and the rest will follow with some work :D

I am sure NTTF will correct this line, or more likely explain it better, but I make a concious effort to lower my voice when the dogs are towing the line.

Even better is if you have a slight hand signal with each command.

For example instead of saying come I pat my right leg two times.

When you have them looking for body language it all gets so much easier.

LB

Whats nice is, he will come to me on 2 pips of the whistle now as well. If he dont I have to shout, loudly, in a menacing voice, but generally, if he is close in he will come on 2 pips.

As soon as he is out of long lead range (of off the lead) he needs more encouragement.

In fact, this led to an argument before I done my foot in. I was training Aero in the feilds that my house backs onto, and was having to shout loudly to get him to respond when he was getting away from me. All of a sudden i heard from another garden a shout for me to shut up and **** off.

I confronted the owner of the house and he started taking pictures of me? He started getting all up tight so I let him finish and explained that I was not writing on his walls, or trying to break into his, or driving a moped around the feild, I was in fact training my dog, who, at times needs a little encouragement to help him understand. I went on to explain that I only bring him in the feild twice a week and that I take him in the orchard most of the week.

I then explained that if he wanted to talk about it further he could come and have a chat to me as I only live 3 houses down from him. At this point he appologiesed and said he would not have shouted if he had iknown I lived close by.

Anyhoos, to give him his dues he appeared on my doorstep about half an hour later and appologiesed.

Nice bloke actually :D

It sounds that the training we went over a couple of weeks ago is starting to pay off :( . Be sure to stay on his recalls and if he starts to ignor get him back on the long lead. I will go back over the other post and add some mor to the training tommorrow.

Well Done, I do like it when the results are positive.

NTTF

Thanks NTTF. Only one slight concern is the volume I have to shout at when does go off. What I tend to do if he goes completely deaf is to walk away from him with my back to him and give 2 pips every 10 paces. That normally does it.