Best decoying day yet!

Bucko

Hi all,

didn't intend going shooting on Sunday, but at lunchtime I called the gamekeeper on a local shoot to see if any of the crops had been cut yet. He told me that the barley had been cut in one field, the pigeons were on it the previous afternoon and I should get my **** up there. He even told me exactly where to setup. I called my father and he was available to go but he couldn't get to my house until 2:00.

We arrived at the farm at 2:30 and had the hide and decoys set up by 3:00. We didn't put all of our decoys out, just a dozen or so pigeons and 4 crows. I thought that we may get a few before they stop flighting, but wasn't expecting too much.

I drove the 4x4 to the other end of the field, walked back to the hide and by the time I got there my dad had already shot 2!

Our position was pretty much perfect, right on a flight line between 2 wheat fields and they just kept coming in. Unfortunately after about half an hour my fathers gun went wrong and stopped loading the firing pin on one barrel, didn't stop him from shooting his fair share though :good:

We called it a day at about 7:00. When we did the final count we were shocked by a total of 94! I'm sure that we would have topped the 100 if my dad's gun hadn't gone wrong. Didn't matter though, we both had a really good day and the farmer was well chuffed.

We chose not to count the empties :lol:

Neil

Here is the final count with one very exhausted Labrador.

pigeons.jpg