Cameron - the Book Launch - Clown make-up included?

TIGHTCHOKE

I'm not quite so critical of Cameron as some on here appear to be. He offered a referendum and he delivered it - credit to him

He tried to get the EU member states to back him and they shafted him, not his fault

He didn't get the result that he wanted, when he realised things were not going his way he (and Osborne) resorted to project fear, getting more and more desperate, and more and more ridiculous. But that today shows itself up for what it really was - desperation

When he lost he resigned, credit to him but I question why. he really threw in the towel. Sources close to him at the time said he had been both bruised and humiliated by his dealings with the presidents of some of the very minor states, keeping him waiting, talking down to him etc. when he was trying to get a concession to take back home to tip the balance 

I believe he knew that these states existed on ego and any Brexit negotiation was going to be toxic, and he wanted none of it.