first rifle

moses

Got my FAC last week and went to pick this up yesterday.

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z94/mos...=DSC_0054-1.jpg

Sako 75 Hunter 6.5x55, Schmidt&Bender 8x56, T8 mod.

I can't wait to go and try it out.

I'm interested to hear about other peoples first rifles or what you have now, also what ammo you use.

I got Federal power shock and Winchester super x 140gr soft points to try first but, any suggestions would be apprieciated.

Moses

looks nice indeed, I have a 22lr at the moment, but have applied for a 243, everything is aproved just waiting for my FAC to come back, it has been about 5 weeks, should come through soon :good:, is that your first ever FAC.

Yes indeed, it's my first ever FAC.

There was a few hoops to jump through but, I got there in the end.

I was suprised at what I got granted in the end, they gave me the 6.5x55 for deer and fox, a 270 for deer and a 22 for vermin.

That's beautiful.

I'm pondering my first FAC. 6.5X55 has caught my attention.

Can I pick your brains and ask what made you choose that rifle and spec?

Hi there Pob,

To answer your question, I had used a few different estate rifles whilst stalking and it was a 75 in 6.5x55 that made a lasting impression, I also got through my DSC1 using one which made me like it even more.

The quality of the Sako is fantastic and the 6.5x55 is a really smooth round to use but, still has all the penetration you need for all deer species.

As I am new to centrefire rifle shooting I wanted something that was not going to make me flinch all the time so I would able to see my shot placement clearly and quickly be ready for a follow up shot if needed.

I think I made the right choice.

Moses

Well done on your FAC moses and thats 1 nice looking rifle mate - exacly same as mine ( mines in 243), you cant go wrong with a Sako and after youve been shooting it for a while, i dought you will miss much under 300yrds.

Good luck with it and good hunting <_<

Well done on your FAC moses and thats 1 nice looking rifle mate - exacly same as mine ( mines in 243), you cant go wrong with a Sako and after youve been shooting it for a while, i dought you will miss much under 300yrds.

Good luck with it and good hunting :lol:

Cheers TY,

I'm supposed to be Stalking for 3 days 17/08/07 but, I am waiting to hear what is happening after the F+M outbreak.

I have just booked a range at Bisley for Saturday afternoon to try it out.

will let you know how I get on!

<_<