Disappearing Corvids

7 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

We did think it could be a local , but for what purpose.

It does seem strange that someone would take them but there are huge numbers of people wandering round where they should not be! 

I was recently watching some backwards rape that I had been requested to keep pigeons off. Whilst watching from a couple of fields away I spotted someone wandering about in an adjacent field. They were at least 1 Mile from the nearest footpath.! God knows what they were doing but they should not have been there.

8 hours ago, mossy835 said:

iv shot a load of crows and rooks, put them in the hedge next day all gone, next farm over i left 36 rooks next to a pond next day all gone.

+1 and im sure it either foxes or buzzards moving them. Or maybe both.

I once shot 35 pigeons over decoys. Put them in the boot of my car to dress later that night, completely forgot and they was too far gone when i realised. I disposed of them in a wood under a lot of brash to avoid detection from nuisance trespassers. Two days later thought the dog wasnt paying much attention to the area they was in, walked over and they were all gone!!! 

Edited by zipdog