Amendment to variation

yeet

Put in another variation a while ago and Avon and Somerset have just gotten round to it, after my brief call with the FEO I was told all okay and it should be here next week. However, I put down for X calibre and whilst doing so more in depth research into X calibre and rifles in X calibre I found out that it would be cheaper to go for a different calibre. 

Has anyone had any success with amending a variation?

Shouldn't be too difficult depending on how your force operate and you're not trying to swap a slot for a 22rf for a 20mm cannon. Slight exaggeration perhaps but you get the idea. If you've got good reason for a deer calibre rifle there shouldn't be a problem changing between 243, 6.5x55, 270, 308 etc. Theyre all different but all deer calibre rifles. Trying to swap a 223 for a 243 would be a trickier swap and you'd have to show good reason for wanting to make the step up from a typical foxing calibre to the most readily available minimum deer legal calibre. 

57 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Shouldn't be too difficult depending on how your force operate and you're not trying to swap a slot for a 22rf for a 20mm cannon. Slight exaggeration perhaps but you get the idea. If you've got good reason for a deer calibre rifle there shouldn't be a problem changing between 243, 6.5x55, 270, 308 etc. Theyre all different but all deer calibre rifles. Trying to swap a 223 for a 243 would be a trickier swap and you'd have to show good reason for wanting to make the step up from a typical foxing calibre to the most readily available minimum deer legal calibre. 

I am actually stepping down the calibre, so based on what you said I am hoping it will all be okay. Thank you for your help.