Springers

Magpies are gay

Theres no set formulation for a springer cocked timespan, to many variables, temperature being one of them , but any excessive long periods under compression will affect it , but not to a masive degree in a days shooting but will shorten the overaul efficient life of the spring, fitting a quality spring is always advisable and avoid the cheapy ones.

You can leave a modern spring gun cocked overnight without any loss of power, I had a Lightning E and left it cocked for a day and a half, chronoed it and it was doing exactly the same ftlbs as it always had, of course it isnt advisable. You cant leave it cocked for excessive periods, by that they mean a couple of days or more some people just get carried away with it and wait until the quarry is in front of them before cocking, dont worry too much about all that mate, I always stalked with it cocked from I got onto my shoot, anyway how much is a spring? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Because people tell you that they lose power its in your head that it will half its power in an hour or something, when I first starting shooting springers I was always anxious to de cock the gun if I hadnt had a shot within 10 minutes, so I checked it out with my local RFD, as an 18ftlb Lightning is a bitch to de cock, he laughed and told me what I said above.

Chances are if you are going to leave it cocked it will be when you are cleaning it so give her a check before putting it away. Im a forgetful sod and Ive done it a couple of times.

If you check the Beeman site the doctor himself says you can leave em cocked for a couple of weeks without loosing anything.

Sort of dispells the myth eh? ;)