Rabbit control????

mosa

It looks like i am to get the sole right's to a golf course near me but is really infested with rabbits. With only being armed with my Airwolf is there any other way i can make a difference to their numbers ie snares, poison etc cheers in advance for any replies :rolleyes:

poision :rolleyes:

As stated above there are plenty of Humane methods. you and your air wolf should be able to make a dint in the rabbit population my second choice would be live traps (that way you can release none target animals Hedgehogs etc ) cage / drop traps. failing that ferrets & dogs will help and last of all you could try snares, bare in mind snares can catch/kill none target animals as well. includeing other peoples pets. (cata and dogs)

be carefull and respect wild life and other peoples viewes.

All the best and good luck B)

Kipper :lol:

I had the same problem on a golf course that I've got permission on, I got on there and found it hard to make a dent in the numbers. The solution was to get someone to help, that was just over 3 years ago, since then we've managed to keep the numbers down and the result is one very happy golf club !

Snares can be very effective if your willing to go the extra few yards for your sport. By that I mean setting them just before dusk and being there for the night. You can be quite comfy in a good sleeping bag and then get to harvest the catches twice or even three times a night. I have set 20 in a evening and caught while going back along the line to check all are set right. If you set them and go home with the intention of going back at first light imagine how many were caught early and were there for the night. I have had many damaged snares due to reynard and brock.

Someone earlier in the thread posted about drop traps. I will be moving to these exclusively for the winter as the farmer on a orchard that I take care of is having all the fences repaired but this will probably be unsuitable for a golf course as they are rarely fenced.

Whatever you do make sure that they are dealt with quickly as humanly possible.

LB