quiet 410

After trying several types of cartridge and living in Cornwall where no one likes change and the gun shops stock the same things they have for the last 40 years and arnt gonna change cos I want something new, I reload my own! that way I can get reliable subsonic rounds that are loaded as heavy or light as I like. Great fun reloading, and loads of people on here will offer advise to help get you started. I load up 50 hulls in a session and that takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Have fun

Of course they are 'loud' old chum BUT not so loud as the supersonic CRACK! of the .410!

Unfortunately, the movie industry has brainwashed many into believing that all you have to do to reduce the sound of a weapon to that of a weak ****, is to screw a little tube on the end! Even with that big ugly tube surrounding the whole of the barrel, there is still a BANG! It is the nature of the beast. The sound moderated .410 is practical in certain 'dense' surroundings, but in open ground in a 'sensitive' area, the sound will travel and so-called new to the area 'countryfolk', ('townie-antis') who complain about cock-cowing and 'beastly cows pooing in front of my hyce' (sic) will soon be on your back!

'Subsonic' .410 shells can be made yourself for less than £1 a box if you make your own shot and wads and cut down to a 10 gram load. IMO a 'fibre' wad is best for a moderated gun.