Inexpensive non-FAC for shooting rabbits

casts_by_fly

Hi All,

My FAC will be a little bit and I won't have my guns until after Christmas. In the meantime I'd like to shoot some bunnies (and the occasional pigeon and rat) with a non regulated air rifle. I don't want to spend a lot since I won't be using it much once the 22LR gets here. I was thinking £100 or less.

What options do I have? I don't mind buying used, though I don't have the time to bargain hunt forever for that once in a lifetime deal. I have a scope to put on it; will need to get rings/bases as required.

Any suggestions? I know less powerful and less expensive guns have their limitations. 40 yd is my reasonable limit of maximum distance. I might punch paper further just to see, but don't mind holding back on game. I do want something that will shoot 1" groups inside the kill range though.

thanks,

rick

To be honest your choice will be very limited, with the budget you have you will be unlikely to fulfil all what you want. You will not find a powerful rifle that shoots well for under £100. I have heard the COMETA range is half decent but what they are like longterm I haven't a clue.

My Air Arms Pro Sport will do all you ask but at about £350 for the rifle alone it is far from your budget even secondhand. The chinese SMK types are ok for plinking but not really ideal for bunny bashing.

40 yds has to be the absolute maximum with 12ft lbs anyway. I am sure there is people who take longer shots but that is not for me. Wait for the rimmy for the longer shots

Rick -- i have a BSA spitfire pre-charge break barrel in .177 cal , that is full power and very accurate 1/2inch group at 40/45yds no probs, its in very good condition and as just been fully serviced at BSA with all new parts fitted at my request .

its got a volumetric silencer and the maxi scope rail and gives around 35 shots per charge comes with adaptor.

looking for £120 for it .