Agustable Choke

I just popped down to Rugby Gun Shop to pick up my newly embroded skeet vest and noticed an ajustable (thats better) choke. It was made by Truglo, and could do IC to Turkey (I think), Titanum built so it can stand hevishot, but at a price of £80 you would expect it to. I think it being ajustable would be a recipe for disaster, just imagine all that melted wad and grime getting into it :thumbs:

Has anyone used these?

Red

A zillion years ago, like before the Civil War, when I was a yoof, there were a number of adjustable choke gadgets around. The one I recall most clearly was the Polychoke; it had a collet, threaded internally, mounted over a "flower petal" choke section. When you moved the collet it opened (or closed) the petals to produce the choke effect.

The general opinion was that they produced a high quality pattern, but it was always improved cylinder! Any nicely balanced single barrel gun was instantly converted into a scaffolding pole. As you may guess the device was not long lived.

There was something similar called a Cutts Compensator but that's gone the way of all flesh too.

Modern mutichoke systems are way superior to any of these bolt-ons.

Regards

Eug

PS Rugy int Staffs., it's Warks. innit?

• 2 weeks later...