its quiet here

tim

where is every one?? or have we all got the weather blues?.Yesterday was a waste of time the drilling was very good in that neither crows or pigeons bothered as there was very little for them . roosting last night was  patchy grand total was 6 pigeons ,4 crows ,1 magpie and a squirrel.

I've been watching a particular local rape field for two weeks,blue with birds,but as soon as you fire a shot they disappear for hours.Anyway,decided to wait until the drillings,but I put my Dad on the rape today and the ****** shot 50 birds and had over 200 shots!!!! Its just not fair..... :(

Myself & Kev shot on some drilled peas yesterday & it was hard.We had gale force winds & to top it all off the pigeons were on the grass 2 fields away.Every time I shot them off they went back.And guess who has'nt got permission to shoot there?Not YET anyway. :(

spent 5 hrs looking round some new shooting today took gun on the off chance, farmer complaining about crows never saw a one. the up side is theres about 160 acrs of winter drilled wheat & barley so it looks like some sport in the near future  and its only 10 mins from home.

i have been shooting today on some drillings two fields away there was a old barley stuble a lot of birds where on it so i walked them off then i herd a shot a few fields away so thought they where resting there set up on the drill which had a good line to it when i shot they got up but wouldnt leave it i shot a few as they came over they where full of old barley i packed up went to another farm that has stuble birds on that as well right next to it is two fields of beans looks like i will be shooting stuble this weekend not drillings the first field had constant movement from what i saw today you would expect a hundread birds i wil have to check to see if i can shoot it as its right next to his house ill tell you how i get on

Hiya Paul

I'm glad you mentioned the stubble! Where Kev & I were the other day is a stubble field, right next to the grass where we thought they were feeding! This may need another look, as they may have been on the stubble!

Thanks

hiya lazza when i saw the birds on it i thought it was because someone was shooting a few fields away you think why would they want old stuble when they have got drillings i shot on the drill each time i had a shot up they got but wouldnt leave and the line to it was constant the bad news is its not my field but my field borders it and there are two sity trees which they head for first so i might get a shoot the other didnt have much of a line to it so i think it would be five shots and they would be off if drillings dont look any good i will set up next to the sity tree and put a pattern out on the winter beans they should come to the tree as long as i keep them off the field if i do any good i will put a report in to pigeon watch