D Day

armsid

3 hours ago, Bobba said:

Aaah, sorry Dave, It’s just dawned on me. It wasn’t Normandy but the Mulberry unit you were enquiring on. But sadly, yet again, I have no info on the actual unit.

The dive club used to dive Penzance most Easters as did other clubs and rather like stamp collectors we often swapped GPS No’s with fellow divers for good wreck dives. One asked me if I had No’s for the Moidart or Alisa Craig in Lyme Bay for which he would swap the Mulberry unit. Never heard of it but it was a good swap. Nothing much on the outside but brittle starfish and concrete but entry via large cracks the inside was a fiesta of cold water corals and mechanical pumps etc. I’ve still got the No’s if anyone wants to dive it

Bob

Thanks anyway Bob. :-)

On 06/06/2021 at 15:44, claydodger said:

This post has gone from a D Day Memorial to which battlefield is better or worse, a rose tinted view of a generation not making sense, cowards, shirkers and army desertion rates in WW2.

I have had the privilege of meeting veterans from WW1, WW2, Korea, the Falklands and Afghanistan to name but a few and I've visited many of the war graves of both world wars and it doesn't matter what generation, what battlefield, what colour or creed, those that made the ultimate sacrifice, the veterans who came home and those currently serving in our armed forces all deserve our deepest respect. 

Exactly.  No more to be said.