grey squirrel

dustyfox

I was working out in the woods today when I noticed behind me there was a grey squirrel watching from less than 2 metres away B) . I picked up the nearest object that I could find which being a stone, but by the time I bent down and could throw it it was running up a tree and missed.

It must of been sitting there watching me for some time on the ground.

Has anyone else had this is the past, cause it was strange how it was there just watching wat i was doing, and that is the closest I have come to a live squirrel

thanks

Hmmm

I was out squirrel hunting the other day with my new 12g, I sat by the base of a tree, when a squirrel rand down the trunk of the tree. At just one and a half meters away, I started to feel a little unsafe witht the fast approaching Grey, and leaded it. I felt very un sporting, and was not proud of it, but I have heard of what squirrels do when their teeth get a grip on your flesh, and I was not about to find out.

30g 6's, not pretty :lol:

Was my closest ever shot with anything. Call me a wally, but if I get withing 5m of a bunny and it 'ducks' and stays still, I dont take it. (unless a vermin clear out). When im out for a bunnie for the BBQ or freezer, I make the hunt worth while and sporting.

My defination of 'sporting' is giving the qurry some kind of chance at survival, yeat using my full hunting potential to bag it, and feel good about the shot. After all most of us hunt because we have the kit and land to do so, not because its all we have to eat.

I Apologise if my veiws may differ to anyone elses.. but this works for me. And im not a soft hunter, honest B)

I had to ditch the car near to a park and walk the rest of the way into work yesterday. Within 100 yards of the gate to the park there was 3 wood pigeons which only flew off when I was around 20 yards away. About 300 yards past that I saw a squirrel running about the grass beside me. Close enough for my phone camera to see it clearly but unfortunately it ran off before it could focus.

This is all in a small park with no woodland near it at all for a good 2 miles.