Country Gent Podcast

Dawsie

1 hour ago, steve s×s said:

I think you may have to elaborate 🙂

In what regard?  It’s a podcast that covers huntin’ shootin’ and fishin’ that appears to not be publishing new episodes at the minute, per the OP's post.

I do admit I find their output frustrating.  On the one hand, they say they do this as an aside from the day-job, and on the other, they appear to be doing it under the auspices of their media/publishing company.  Which is it lads?  You're either pros or you're not.

38 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

In what regard?  It’s a podcast that covers huntin’ shootin’ and fishin’ that appears to not be publishing new episodes at the minute, per the OP's post.

I do admit I find their output frustrating.  On the one hand, they say they do this as an aside from the day-job, and on the other, they appear to be doing it under the auspices of their media/publishing company.  Which is it lads?  You're either pros or you're not.

In regards to never heard of it (probably like many other people) jmho 😳

3 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Yes, very disappointing, I regularly listened to there podcast on long journeys to work, it originally had a good format with a bit of British history, the whiskey tasting  and a variety of fishing/hunting articles, I felt it went down hill a bit when the other presenter joined, too much waffle I thought.

Anyway, it’s very disappointing that they have just disappeared without a goodbye to there subscribers.

Anyone recommend a similar UK podcast apart from the guns on pegs and into the wild ?

1 hour ago, Dawsie said:

Anyway, it’s very disappointing that they have just disappeared without a goodbye to there subscribers.

Guess you get what you pay for, which in this case is nowt 😉

1 hour ago, Dawsie said:

it originally had a good format

I thought the format was a bit all over the place personally; viz. there's plenty of good history podcasts.  Likewise Whisk(e)y, I don't particularly care for ASMR-esque tasting noises on my long drives, but that may be just me.

If they'd stuck to where there definitely is a gap in the market (countryside issues/shooting) then I suspect their audience may have grown quicker, and thus the incentive would've been there to maintain a decent output schedule.

1 hour ago, Dawsie said:

Anyone recommend a similar UK podcast apart from the guns on pegs and into the wild ?

Not really. TGS and Fieldsportschannel, and even BASC do a podcast, but they're all on an as-and-when basis.

4 hours ago, steve s×s said:

In regards to never heard of it (probably like many other people) jmho 😳

Pop 'country gent' into your podcast app of choice, the back catalogue should come up.