Car- decisions decisions !

arjimlad

I'm thinking of changing our second car, which is a Skoda Fabia.

I need a small-ish car to commute 4 miles to work along muddy country lanes (when I'm not cycling), to take me to my small dairy farm rabbit shoot, to park on verges, and which my wife can also drive. The occasional 75 mile journey on motorways will be required as well. Maybe three to four times a year.

I don't need to go off-road but something tougher than the average little car would be good. There have been a couple of times when 4WD would have been useful on my way to work and on a field or two (show car parks, clay shoot car park etc).

I would like to buy as near new as possible but I'm torn between a sensible Nissan Note (loads of space, nice drive, really useful car) or a Suzuki Jimny.

The Jimny I test drove was fun to drive, had enough poke for what I need, and accomodated all four of us (my kids are small), but it has next to no boot. It'd do all I need a car for.

The head says Nissan Note - more conventional, useful, more stowage, more economical ?

The heart says Jimny - different, fun, tough around the lanes..more of a shooting wagon ?

What say you lot ?

arjimlad,

I made the assumption you are near a BS1 postcode and did an Autotrader search. Below are details of a 2003 top of the range Diesel Rav 4.

Features: MANUAL SILVER DIESEL Estate 1995 CC 03 reg Full Description: Glossary of Terms

MOT April 08, Tax February 08, leather interior, Diesel, excellent condition, airbags, ABS, aircon, alarm, satnav, CD multi changer, FSH, (no canvassers). £10,500. ono

Private Seller:

Contact number: (01594) 810246 or (07740) 747653

Distance: 25 miles from bs12ee

This is the same model we have. Ours does 32 MPG but someone with a lighter foot might get over 39 MPG.

A Suzuki Jimny really doesnt compare. OK, you get the kudos of your neighbours knowing that you have a new car for a week or so, but as soon as you drive that car out of the dealers it is second hand and you are on the road to Depreciation City. :lol:

LV