New firing pin

1Ab

Good morning all,

I am new to the fourm and to shooting.

I recently bought a bettinsoli and shortly after buying it I was having missfires on the bottom barrel.

I took it back to the shop and it turns out the bottom firing pin was corroded so the gunsmith replaced it for me. 

When I got home I wanted to test that it's all in working order. 

I put my snap caps in and pulled the trigger and I got a click pulled the trigger again and another click. I had the barrel selector set to bottom barrel first then top. 

When I switched the barrel selector to top barrel first I can only fire the top barrel and nothing happens when I pull the trigger again. 

Is this normal?

Is it the inertia trigger ? 

Why does it work when u/o is selected but not o/u?

Thanks for the responses. 

I gave it a go and that worked, had to give it a good thump on the floor to switch over.

Also managed to drop my snap caps onto my stock and gave it 2 dents 🙄 so frustrating.

Just out of interest does anyone know why the u/o sequence does not require bump to the stock to switch the barrels ?

Is the u/o sequence mechanically linked and the o/u sequence requires inertia from recoil to switch?