problem with my XL lightning

arichmond64

i was shooting my gun fine, then all of a sudden the pellets were simply not hittin the target, and i mean, from 20 yards away they couldnt hit a 20cm square piece of card.

after a few shots i noticed something when i cocked it, then all of a sudden it wouldnt cock, asiff the thing which catches it at the bottom of the cocking motion was gone, it just goes down and back up, so i cnt cock or shoot.

nothing at all!

this happened to any one, or what should i do?

Sounds nasty to me. I'd get a gunsmith to look at it. It could be something as minor as a broken spring jamming somewhere so that the sears can't engage when you break the barrel. Is it still as hard to pull the barrel down or does it feel easier since this happened?

nop, its still as hard as it was, no ease in it, just simple doesnt catch on anything wen u snap it down, and, when you let it come back up you hear it click, at the point were it would normally snap in, if you say what i mean,

try adjusting the trigger screw , good trigger normally,the only problem I found when I used to do gun repairs on Lightening triggers was that the safety would not work due to owners trying to fire them with the safety on.

well i havnt tried to fire it with safety, but you think i should try adjusting the trigger screw?:blink:

yes of course, try screwing it out about 3 to 4 turns, if it will still not cock then drop it off the stock and have a look, as suggested in earlier reply might have a spring coil snapped off,

just had the stock off, and from looking at the barrel, you can see the point in which it is supposed to catch and stay in place, but it looks asiff it slips of, or the piece of metal is not getting enough on it to keep it in place. and there is no trigger screw to adjust.

i have no idea!

what part of england are you in?

nop, theres more to it than that, its not having any of it, its asiff the thing which catches the barrel when you cock it has gone, and it jst springs back.

do i have guarentee, only had it a month from black pool air gun buyer?

If you mean Blackpool Air Rifles give them a ring and explain the situation. They are a VERY reputable comany and whether the gun is new or s/h I think you will find that they will deal with your request in a courteous and efficient manner and most certainly within their responsibilities and very often, much better.

nop, theres more to it than that, its not having any of it, its asiff the thing which catches the barrel when you cock it has gone, and it jst springs back.

do i have guarentee, only had it a month from black pool air gun buyer?

take it back, even if 2nd hand it has 3month gaurantee used and 12 month new, take it back, do not mess with it

• 1 month later...