DIY shoot near Skipton has 1 space available

Advertising on behalf of our shoot captain. Please PM me for info and I will pass on your details.

There is 1 remaining space in our small syndicate for a full gun with a dog. The shoot is approx. 7 miles from Skipton and covers just over 2000 acres. Most of the work days have been done this year and we have 700 poults in the pens doing well. Subs are £650 a season (plus a possible top up depending on wheat prices) and we have 18 guns making two teams. We shoot 8 days on a stand-a-day, beat-a-day format (4 days fully driven and beat 4 days) and the rest being a mixture of mini driven and walked up days (usually another 4/5 days shooting).

A reasonable level of fitness is required as there is fair bit of walking up and down hills required. 

Why o why can't you wind back time.   30yrs ago I would have snapped this up, even though I am a couple of hours drive away, my vizslas would have leapt at the chance.

Unfortunately the years have taken there toll and I can only wish your syndicate the very best for the forthcoming season and hope you find a first class gun to enjoy and add to the pleasure.

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Why o why can't you wind back time.   30yrs ago I would have snapped this up, even though I am a couple of hours drive away, my vizslas would have leapt at the chance.

Unfortunately the years have taken there toll and I can only wish your syndicate the very best for the forthcoming season and hope you find a first class gun to enjoy and add to the pleasure.

Thanks for your kind words pal 

• 4 weeks later...

Having been to see this shoot and being offered a gun,(which I accepted but unfortunately had to give back word on,due to trouble with two discs in my back).I would say that it's a cracking shoot and the lads on it are sound.if you take a gun,I'm sure that you wouldn't regret it