What happens to the clays?

Big_Sam

I was wondering what happens to the clays after they shower over the countryside?

I am particularly interested as there is no clay club up here and it might be possible for me to find a field to shoot over, with a small trap, the farmer wants to know what happens to all the bits.

Does it bio-degrade? Or are you left with hundreds is bits all over the field?

Thanks,

Sam

There's an interesting thread further down in this section, headed "Barmy" and started by al4x, about legislation regarding using clays over ground used for growing crops. The concern seems to be the bitumen content of clays getting into food. <_<

I cant think of many situations where anyone would want to shoot clays over fields growing crops anyway? why not just pick a field thats not growing? there are plenty about

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of years ago I shot at a fortnightly clay shoot near Biggin Hill and the whole layout was set up so that you were shooting over arable crops (mainly cereals).

I don't know how they went about dealing with the lead/clays issue, but I was told that the shoot had been there for some years.

Thats the place where I was stupid enough to lean a Silver Pigeon (in its case), against the boot of my truck while I took off my boots and it was clipped by a lady collecting her husband.

Not only did she knock it over, but when she realised what she had done, she tried to avoid it and neatly ran right over it.

Thank goodness I was insured. :good: