Great few days away.

fse10

Had a great few days away up in Montrose. Stayed in a house right on the edge of the basin and the sight & sound of the pinks was a sight to behold. Had to sleep with the windows closed as the noise was unreal. Had some cracking shooting between five of us with a hundred pinks and twenty ducks over three flights. I would highly recommend Ian Gill at Montrose shooting breaks. Just make sure if any one's shooting up there, they take plenty of shells as popped in to Montrose guns & tackle & the RC50 was priced at £17 a box of ten 🤬. I pay £6.60  box from Essex gun. But i guess if you run out up there they have you by the dangles.

Yes, I have a friend just returned and he reported a grand number of pinks up there.  Blended in with the cost of travelling up there and overnight stays then £17 isn't out of the question.  As you say always take enough shells as I almost found out on a partridge drive last weekend and finished the drive with just two left so escaped the embarrasment by the skin of my teeth.

1 hour ago, Pushandpull said:

That's a few more than Ian Gill's published bag limit. I hope they will be eaten with relish.

All will be eaten. Did not think the bag was excessive as is only 20 geese a gun over three days. Could not see any mention of his bag limit on his web page. I would not shoot more then i could use.